Friday, November 13, 2009

Illustration Friday - Unbalanced



wow. it's soooo nice to be pulling the watercolors back out...so nice to just have this pan with the paint squeezed right on every few months or so, not worrying about it drying out, not cleaning up much and so forth... instead of acrylic which i've been working on the past few weeks for a show...continually squeezing the paints out, cleaning the brushes, squeezing more paint out, cleaning more brushes... can you imagine?? where is my assistant to do this stuff?? yeah, go ahead...call me the Queen of sloth...i can take it.

ok back to Illustration Friday's word of the week - Unbalanced. I had started this painting for my Oracle card deck a little while ago to represent Fertility but i thought it also went well with unbalanced. And since i'm constantly doing the OPPOSITE of Illustration Friday words, i'm sticking to that theme. At first glance a pregnant woman looks all sorts of unbalanced...but the body is an amazing thing. It adapts. Frankly i felt like a swan when i was pregnant - magestic, plump, important. Balanced. i was definitely one of those crazies that loved being preg.

20 comments:

Caroline said...

What a lovely illustration - the colours are so pretty! She may be unbalanced but she looks serene!

Unknown said...

wonderful work!!!

SonatasWelt said...

She is so beautiful!!!
Kind regards Sonata

sandygrafik said...

Totally beautiful! Have a nice weekend!

Loni Edwards said...

Beautiful! Love the colors in this one!

Coreopsis said...

I did NOT feel like a swan when I was pregnant. I felt like an elephant, but elephants have their grace too, and I didn't. I kept hitting things with my belly, and never did figure out what my body was doing.

But THIS is truly lovely!

GlorV1 said...

Hi Adrienne. She is a beauty. She seems to be looking at us all, head slightly bent to the side. I love the greenish/yellowish dress she has on. Great work. Thanks for sharing.

Pencil Pocket said...

I love her dress, and her pose is enchanting :)

Jennifer said...

I like it!

Traci Bixby said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! Lovely and wonderful style.

Andrew Finnie said...

wow!

MrBibleHead said...

Wow! Very wonderful and magical. Love the fairylike quality of your work. Your colors and artwork are amazing!

josh pincus is crying said...

beautiful illustration!

zime said...

OH Adrienne!! I feel exaltly like your illo. She is extremely beautiful!!
(^v^)

Indigene said...

Wow! This is soooooooo lovely, I felt like this when I was pregnant the first time...the second time...well...let's not go into that! lol! Beautiful illustration!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

She is absolutely gorgeous...such a thoughtful look in her eyes...and yet, there is strength and power in that look! Fabulous! ~Janine XO

Sandra H. said...

Very pretty, Adrienne!!

Lisabella Russo said...

Your illustrations really stand out, that is lovely!

Unknown said...

I love your work! I see Mucha and Klimt inspiration...and I've always admired their style!

Janiel/ janny said...

WOW!! Your art is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hugs, Janiel